For the 3rd year, USHA is proud to present awards to honor the finest athletes, representatives, and teams in the sport of hydrofoiling. This year, 5 awards will be given out for the following categories. For more information and rules, click here.
Male Athlete of the Year
A male winner will be recognized each year for his outstanding athletic achievement, and his work as an ambassador for the sport of hydrofoiling.
Female Athlete of the Year
A female winner will be recognized each year for her outstanding athletic achievement, and her work as an ambassador for the sport of hydrofoiling.
Junior Athlete of the Year
This has been updated for 2006! Any junior athlete 17 years of age or younger on January 1 will be recognized each year. The award is for outstanding athletic achievement and work as an ambassador for the sport of hydrofoiling.
Ambassador of the Year
A winner will be recognized each year for their dedication and contributions as a representative, coach, or judge for the sport of hydrofoiling.
Hydrofoil Club/Team of the Year
A team will be recognized each year for their contributions as representatives for the sport of hydrofoiling. The term “team” in this category refers to a group of individuals (with at least 2 members) registered as a USA-WS club with the club type of “Hydrofoil”. Below is the list of Hydrofoil clubs (and the club owner) currently on record at USA-WS/USHA:
- Lake Clinton Hydrofoil Club (Troy Weber IL Flyin)
- Posey Lake Hydrofoil Club (Don Hendershot – Great Lakes Flyin)
- Team Texas Hydrofoiling (Todd Kyser – TX Flyin)
- MN Hydrofoil Club (MJ Pohl – MN Clinics)
- Northwest AIR (Brett Edelen – NW Flyin)
- American Hydrofoiling Association (Phil Dixon – FL Flyin)
- Pro Action Sports (Geno Yauchler – Cypress Gardens Sportstuff Tournament)
- Georgia Mountain Foilers (Bud Seymour – GA Flyin)
- Tennessee Hydrofoil Club (Robert Plamondon – TN Flyin)
- Nominees will be judged for their performance in 2006 only.
- All nominations must come from USHA members and all nominees must be USHA members.
- Completed nomination forms will be accepted on-line by November 6, 2006.
- Only fully completed nomination forms will be reviewed. Submit all requested pieces of information on the nomination form.
- Nominations will not be accepted verbally or by telephone.
- USHA reserves the right to seek nominations between the nomination deadline and the selection date and to decline nominations.
- USHA board members and members will vote in order to send award winners to USA-WS. The awards are sponsored by USHA and each winner is awarded a plaque.